Monday, October 5, 2009

Made my own baby legs


A few weeks ago, I ordered some "baby legs" (baby leg warmers) for W's Halloween costume (couldn't find yellow and black striped socks in town, so I couldn't attempt making them myself!). This weekend we went to Value Village and I found some rainbow striped knee-high in the little girls department - 69 cents! Woo hoo!

I've seen different tutorials for these and some are more complicated than others. I've seen some where you cut each sock into 4 pieces and sew some of them back on to create cuffs - but that seems unnecessarily complicated to me - I just cut the foot part off and folded the fabric down to make a new cuff at the bottom (which then became the top of the leg warmer).

For a detailed tutorial, click here to go to baby legs tutorial from the "Cut Out And Keep" website

No comments:

Post a Comment