Pretty much every Sunday, John will optimistically suggest that "maybe this week would be a good time to"...(insert some inconvenient undertaking here, such as rotating the tires). Then, like always, I remind him that I will be extra-busy this week with (insert some major undertaking here, such as childbirth, or cleaning the girls' room so a visiting relative can sleep there for the weekend).
The problem is, no week ever seems to be a "good time" for anything extra, because there is always some big project looming. Maybe someday I will get used to having two kids and be able to juggle as much as a I used to. Maybe as WakeLee gets older and more independent I will have a little more leeway.
This week's project is getting ready for my brother's wedding. We have relatives staying with us from out of town, so there will be the usual shuffling around for sleeping arrangements and better-than-usual cleaning efforts. But on top of that, trying to plan for major trip with an infant (its been nearly a decade since I've attempted anything like it) and the usual wardrobe coordination that goes along with a wedding. So far I've arranged for a substitute teacher for Sunday School, fought an epic battle to get Scrappy ready for boarding, found 4 hawaiian shirts (for the luau rehearsal dinner), and taken care of all necessary haircuts (except mine, which is tomorrow).
Will I get around to cleaning the closets or weeding the garden? I seriously doubt it. But I will finish my project of the week, getting everything ready for the wedding. After all, its the last wedding in my immediate family for at least another decade, so the closets can wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment