See photo:
My Mom LOVES this sign. Maybe a little too much. She loves it so much that she has kept it up YEAR ROUND, ever since she received it as a gift 3 or 4 years ago. I have tried suggesting that we pack it away with her Christmas things several times, but she won't have it! She is horrified at the idea of taking it down. I get that she likes the concept, but to me, a Santa on the wall of her living room in May is very awkward. And its a little old-fashioned looking....
I'm thinking that if I can find a craft project that is similar in theme (yet non-holiday-specific) to make for her, I might be able to persuade her to take this Santa one down. I need a project that will allow for adding names later if necessary. A family quote somewhere on it would be nice. I would prefer NOT to have a family-tree style project. Have you seen something like what I'm describing? If so, let me know where (send a link or a photo!). I'm pretty handy at crafting and craft-lifting (copying other people's ideas), I just need an idea!


One of our favorite sayings is "Happy hearts gather here" You could do the same kind of thing she already has. A plaque that adds hearts.
ReplyDeleteSomething with a hive and bees.
ReplyDeleteIf you are looking for a quote to go on a plaque here's a good place to look. http://www.scrapbook.com/quotes.php
ReplyDeleteMy favorite is Crazy is a relative term in out family. Then you could add a nut or something for each person :)