I had my 1-hr glucose tolerance test today - I took the girls with me (being optimistic about how long W would sit quietly in the umbrella stroller). She did pretty well, especially since Kendall walked her up and down the hallways for most of the last 1/2 hour.
I brought a few things to keep her busy (like her sign language flash cards), but since she hasn't grasped the concept of "indoor voice" yet, she happily shrieked the name of every sign or picture I showed her. Instead of just telling me it was a frog, she screamed "FROG!!!!" (and then, just in case I'd forgotten what sound the frog makes, shouted "Bibbet! Bibbet! Bibbet!!!!!!") I was desperately trying to keep her quiet, but I realized later that we were the only people there under 90 and most of them probably couldn't hear her, anyhow, so maybe I shouldn't have worried about it so much.
Then tonight I had John give our dog Scrappy his flea medicine (a monthly dose that we'd already given him several times before), and a few hours later his legs suddenly started shaking so bad he couldn'teven walk - he looked like the old guy at the bank on Mary Poppins. He was fine if he was standing still, but it was like he lost motor control or something - it was really scary! I wasn't sure what to do, but quickly looked online and read a recommendation that we wash the medicine off with Dawn dish soap. Since it was already 9pm and I didn't have a clue who to call (the vet?) I woke up John and had him give the dog the Dawn bath and (just like the article I read said would happen) as soon as he was rinsed off he was totally fine. Which is really strange. Hopefully that will be the end of it and there won't be any long-term problems. No more medicine for him, though - we'll go back to our regular tea-tree oil shampoo baths that always worked before (we just upgraded to the real medicine stuff because we saw a flea in the house - but I suspect my mom's dog!)
So, this is all random, but its been a weird day/night.
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment