Monday, September 13, 2010

Rise of the (sewing) machines

When I found out how much it would be to have my sewing machine repaired, I realized that I could very easily spend more on repairs than it would cost to buy a brand new machine if its something complicated. If its something simple (much more likely), then I would be permanently enraged that I'd had to pay for something that I could have fixed it myself for free!

I checked out a book from the library called, "The Complete Handbook of Sewing Machine Repair," but I forgot to check out the book that explains what in the world this book is talking about. There must be a translator somewhere, because I can't figure out most of what they're saying.

I'm not an expert or anything, but I have repaired and "troubleshot" this and various other machines over the years and I think I'm fairly competent as far as basic repairs.

So far, no luck.

This photo reminds of me of the Terminator movies when part of the robots skin is missing and you can see the machinary inside. And I'd probably be just as successful in repairing a Terminator as I am this sewing machine!

No comments:

Post a Comment