Saturday, December 4, 2010

Red cupcakes, pink mouths

Kendall had a Christmas party to go to for her homeschool book group that was thrown together at the last minute, so I only found out the night before that I was supposed to send her with cookies (or something) yesterday afternoon. Didn't want to drag everyone to the store, so I made cupcakes. I thought I could probably make them look Christmas-y in some way that wouldn't be too time-consuming, and I settled on using red frosting.

I used an entire little tub of wilton gel Christmas-red coloring for the batch of homemade decorator frosting I made (enough to frost about 16 cupcakes like this). I couldn't quite get it red enough, but when I ran out of coloring, I figured close enough was enough. Of course, I had to test the frosting to make sure it was okay, and soon discovered that my entire mouth was dyed HOT PINK from the coloring gel. Oh well, they turned out cute.


No comments:

Post a Comment