Sunday, May 10, 2009

Switched at birth/Tacky prom!

Why do they even MAKE infant pajamas with snaps? It's insanity! Someone gave us a bunch of pj's that their baby had outgrown, which I'm happy to have, but its kind of strange - none of them have zippers, they all have snaps! If there is one thing I can't do at 3:00 am, its correctly line up 15 snaps (especially when you get to that unnecessarily complicated criss-cross pattern at the legs!) This photo proves it (it was early morning, and I had already snapped and re-snapped the darn thing multiple times during the night, so I'd officially given up at this point)...
I took the photo because I was cracking up - she reminded me of this horrible, horrible dress I saw once on uglydress.com....
Please tell me this is only a bizarre coincidence and not a (very scary) foreshadowing of Wakelee's future prom night! (NEVER!!!!!!!!)

It's sort of sad because its obviously a teen girl who is pregnant, but it is still hilarious in a macabre kind of way- VERY bad taste, and thats saying a lot because there are a LOT of tacky prom dresses out there. BTW- this IS actually a prom dress, not a wedding dress (which is probably the only scenario that could have made this dress more inappropriate!) I just can't imagine what could have been going through her head...What was the thought process? Was it, "I bought my prom dress months ago, but now I'm showing, so hand me those scissors - I'm cutting a stomach hole!", or was this dress designed for her, I mean, like on purpose? (shudder)

The whole website is very funny, they also have sections for wedding dresses, tuxedos, cakes, wedding themes, etc. Ugly prom dress website: click here

No comments:

Post a Comment