It's been a busy week, trying to catch up on reading for next week's Classic Literature Group (homeschool), trying to get the house organized, and a few misc. service projects here and there.... I haven't posted much, but I wanted to get this on here since I'm out of color ink, (and I'm paranoid that I'll lose my bookmarks again and I'm bound to forget about this idea sooner or later).
This is a recipe from Bakerella that I saw on the Be Different...Act Normal blog. I am notoriously BAD at making pancakes, so the fool-proof-ishness of this idea appeals to me:

Bakerellas's Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins
What you need:
1 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2/3 cup buttermilk
1 egg
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
2 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
What you do:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease a 24 cup mini muffin pan with non-stick spray. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar in a medium bowl. Sift together with a wire whisk. In another bowl, stir buttermilk, egg, maple syrup and melted butter until just combined. Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and stir with a spoon until combined. Stir in chocolate chips. Reserve a few chips to sprinkle on the tops. Bake for 8-9 minutes.
This is going into my mental file of things I might want to make for visiting family or some sort of breakfast potluck, but probably will never actually make. But I might, so just in case....
Lynell! I didn't know you had a blog! Yea, I will have to add yours! That sounds like a very yummy recipe...I need to try it. Hope you are all doing well. Your girls are little cuties! So fun. I would love a little girl next but another boy would be fun too and I know Carter would love having a close playmate. Hope all is well with you guys. Hi to the fam!
ReplyDelete