Thursday, September 17, 2009

Make your own little people

I saw these wooden "peggies" that "nakedpeggies" sells on Etsy (here). They remind me of the wooden Fisher Price "Little People" that we used to play with when I was little. I was actually looking at the handpainted versions that she sells, and thinking that it would be great to have a personalized set that looks like our family. She does do custom painting, but also sells the blank ones (she calls them "Naked Peggies") so you can paint your own however you like. Since I'm pretty comfortable with painting, I had to have some!

She sells different configurations of "families", so you can have however many kids you want, or to add grandparents or other relatives. I just bought a set with 12 "peggies" (which will soon become John and I, Kendall, WakeLee, Scrappy & Daisy (the dogs), and Grandma & Grandpa. It was only $9.00 for all 12, which I think was a really good deal. I think they'll be a really fun gift for WakeLee. If they turn out decent, I may order more and add the other grandparents, plus aunts & uncles, great-grandparents, etc. on future gift-giving holidays.

Here is a sample photo of the "Naked Peggies" (Click the link at the beginning of this post to go to her etsy store):

PS- If you follow the link to Etsy, check out her sets of handpainted Peggies (like Pam, Jim, Michael, & Dwight from The Office). So cute!


(Maybe I should make myself a set featuring the characters from "Lost" so I can act out the episodes - Then maybe then I can finally figure out what the heck is going on!!!)

1 comment:

  1. ooooooooooh I vote for a set for Lost! But if you do I fully expect to see some videos of the acting out part!

    I adooooooooooore Etsy. I have the hugest list of favorite sellers for "someday" when I have some expendable income that is not consumed by new paint or painting type products.

    This is a great idea for a gift... You could always model your Lost set after the ones Charm City Cakes made for the Lost 100th episode cake which was suuuuuuuuper cool! =)

    ReplyDelete