Friday, June 19, 2009

Oreo cookie goodness / Paper Crafts Gourmet



I love magazines (my favorite is Paper Crafts). They've put out a few special editions of "Paper Crafts Gourmet" and also a book with the same name. Each one has recipes with pictures and several creative crafty packaging ideas for each recipe. I LOVE this book, its like the special edition magazines, just bigger (more cute ideas).

The cookies on the front cover (above) are magically delicious and super easy (you make the cookies with devils food cake mix and the cream cheese frosting filling takes about 1 minute to make). I can't even remember what the crafty packaging ideas were for the cookies because I was too busy concentrating on baking (& eating) them. I made a big bunch of these for a baptism tomorrow night.

The recipe suggests that you refrigerate the cookies before serving. I think they are even more awesome FROZEN, though... they're like little ice-cream sandwiches (only better)

3 comments:

  1. Those do look yummy!

    Who's getting baptized?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly Lujan brought these to our house last night...Holy....they were soooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erick Hill was baptized earlier today. He's Connie Hill's husband (they are Sasha Wheatley's roommates). Sasha gave one of the talks, it was REALLY impressive for someone who has only been a member for a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete