Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Good whole wheat pizza crust



John think this is the best pizza crust ever. (I have another recipe that I like better, but it calls for malted milk powder and I'm out of it, so found this one when I had to search for another recipe at the last minute. I normally mix crust by hand, but its much easier to do it in the machine when I'm holding the baby).


Whole Wheat Pizza Crust (in a bread machine)
* 1 cup water
* 2 tablespoons water
* 2 tablespoons olive oil
* 3 cups whole wheat flour*
* 1 tablespoon of pizza-ish herb/spices mix (optional - get mine in bulk at WinCo)
* 1 teaspoon sugar
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 1/2 teaspoons yeast

Place all ingredients in bread machine in order listed. Run on dough cycle. When done, fix as desired and bake 18 to 20 minutes at 400 degrees.

*Original recipe called for 1/2 white flour and 1/2 wheat flour. I use all wheat flour and its fine, but you can always use 1/2 white flour if you prefer...

No comments:

Post a Comment