Friday, August 21, 2009

Alton Brown peanut butter fudge

http://peanut-butter.org/peanut-butter-fudge.jpg
I heart Alton Brown, and making his recipe for peanut butter fudge is as easy as falling off a log. I'd rather eat fudge than fall off a log, but I lose this recipe every time and always have to look it up, so I'm adding it to the blog for my convenience!

This isn't true fudge, its more of a fudge-like candy. Its easy to make (microwave!) and I usually have the stuff on hand (no cream, choc chips, sweetened condensed milk, etc). You can also easily 1/2 the recipe if you don't want to be tempted by a whole pound of fudge.

Here is the original recipe (from foodnetwork.com)
  • 1 cup butter, plus more for greasing pan
  • 1 cup peanut butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 pound powdered sugar

Directions:

Put butter and peanut butter in a large glass bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and poke several holes in the wrap with a knife (for ventilation. The wrap keeps butter from splattering all over your microwave). Cook for 2 minutes on high. Carefully remove from microwave (it will be HOT & steamy), and stir. Re-cover and microwave on high for 2 more minutes. Carefully remove from microwave and uncover (CAREFULLY!). Add vanilla and powdered sugar to peanut butter mixture and stir to combine. Pour into a buttered 8 by 8-inch pan lined with waxed paper. Place a second piece of waxed paper on the surface of the fudge and refrigerate until cool. Pull fudge out of pan by lifting up on the bottom layer of waxed paper. Cut into 1-inch pieces and store in an airtight container for up to a week.

1 comment:

  1. You're killing me... I'm going to have to start stocking powdered sugar now!

    ReplyDelete