While shopping for a birthday party gift with Kendall, I saw this book at Michael's:
"Tiny Treats - Fun Foods to Make and Eat" (American Girls). I had to have it, so I put it back on the shelf, went home, and purchased it online (much cheaper, even with shipping costs). This book is part of the American Girls craft book series. Kendall helpfully reminded me that I'm not 9 years old, but I think these ideas are cute enough for adults to get away with making (should the right occasion arise!). The best part is, all of the projects are made from real food and are totally edible. It was difficult to choose only one to talk about, because there are SO many things in the book that I love and would actually make.
Check out these mini-smores (made using mini-marshmallows, chocolate chips, and Golden Grahams cereal)...

These would be so cute for FHE, "tea" parties, camping theme birthday party, etc. I also love the mini-cinnamon rolls & croissants, mini birthday cakes, mini bunny slippers, mini doughnuts, etc. All cute and all real food. There are about 30 ideas in this book and they are ALL winners. I'm still a little shocked, because usually kids craft books are so dumbed down, its ridiculous! This craft book is worth the purchase, whether you have young kids or not!
No comments:
Post a Comment